- Choose what type of blog you want to create.
- Decide how often you are going to post.
- Get some things together beforehand because some recommend putting together about a month's worth of material before you tell anyone about your blog.
- Tell close friends about your blog and ask them to tell their friends.
- Look around the Internet for blogs you love.
- Build a network with other people in the blogosphere - make friends online.
- Successful blogs find a niche and stick with it.
- Remember that the blog is about you, not about gossip.
- Learn basic HTML to manipulate your site, add links in text and anything else you need to make your site exactly the way you want it.
- Remember you can be anonymous to most of your readers.
- Visit, read, and thoughtfully comment on other people's blogs.
- Linking to other established or authority websites.
- Remember to keep your blogs well spaced, and if you can title them, be vague but attention-getting with the titles.
- If you blog on topical subjects, look for blogs and forums that mention these topics and link your blog in a response.
- Don't be rude when blogging because that will make you unpopular or popular with rude people. You don't want rude bloggers or readers participating in your site.
- Don't post your blog link everywhere because it can actually seem rude if you appear extremely desperate to have visitors.
- Be careful with your identity. It's so easy for someone to find you through the net or to find those you talk about. Protect the people you know and, unless they give you permission, don't use their names or other personal information in your blog.