My Slideshow

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ipoh Trip [12-17/4/11]

After my first final paper, I had a week break before the next subject. Due to money shortage, I didn't go back home. Instead, I followed one of my coursemate, Suzzane back to her home in Ipoh. And guess what, I'm glad that I made a right decision.

Suzzane's family treat me very nicely. And I get to know some good friends of hers too. They are all really friendly. But too bad I forgot to take some photos with them as memories. Perhaps I'll be going to visit them again one day. Hmmm. Looking forward for it. Hehe.

I had my first lunch at Black Canyon Coffee, Jusco Ipoh. One of Suzzane's close friend, Ah Yau bought us there.

 American Club Sandwich

 Iced Caffe Latte

The same evening, uncle bought me along for a family gathering dinner at a seafood restaurant. I had my eyes open wide and my mouth drop when I saw all the alive seafoods. They are so damn huge. OMG.



One of uncle's wine collection.

On the next day, another close friend of Suzzane, Raymond bought us out for brunch and visited a famous tourist spot -- Ipoh's Sam Poh Tong Temple. In Mandarin is San Bao Dong (三宝洞).






 Can you see this giant huge fish??




 This tortoise has its own name. Isn't it cool??





On the forth day, Suzzane brought me to Ipoh Parade for a movie -- RIO.


Synopsis
RIO is a 3-D animation feature from the makers of the "Ice Age" films. Set in the magnificent city of Rio de Janeiro and the lush rainforest of Brazil, the comedy-adventure centers on Blu, a rare macaw who thinks he is the last of his kind. When Blu discovers there's another - and that she's a she - he leaves the comforts of his cage in small town Minnesota and heads to Rio. But it's far from love at first sight between the domesticated and flight-challenged Blu and the fiercely independent, high-flying female, Jewel. Unexpectedly thrown together, they embark on an adventure of a lifetime, where they learn about friendship, love, courage, and being open to life's many wonders. RIO brings together a menagerie of vivid characters, a heart-warming story, colorful backdrops, energizing Latin and contemporary music, and family-friendly song and dance.

Cast
Leslie Mann as Linda (voice)
Jesse Eisenberg as Blu (voice)
Anne Hathaway as Jewel (voice)

P/s:
Suzzane says Ipoh is a place where you'll go eat and eat and eat non stopping. Haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment